Monday, January 17, 2011

Nigella's Chocolate Fudge Cake



First, let me start off this post with 2 words: Nigella Lawson.



Although I sometimes like to pretend to be like her (which girl don't?) cooking gracefully and seductively in the kitchen, I do personally feel that her recipes are not getting as much credit as her wits and looks does. Sure she is really beautiful and I adore her Rubensque curves and deep set eyes with hanging lashes, not to forget her crown of raven hair and cute British accent. But people often put more attention to her life and other commercial stuff in front of what her main attraction is - her recipes.





I've read tons of people saying how inaccurate her recipes how, how hard they are to follow etc. But honestly, I don't think so. None of her recipes gave me too much kitchen disasters so far, but you do need to have the culinary common sense to make them.Take this cake for example. All you need is just 2 bowls and one wooden spoon, if you know how to stir and beat sugar and butter together. Sieve if you wanna pretend to be competent, or throw everything into the mixer or processor if you are really amateur.



And as her recipe says, this cake is so moist and full of chocolate and a total pleasure to bake. Not to mention, how tall and dark and proud it stands once it's all done. I happily baked this cake again for a friend's birthday last year and just as how the guests in Nigella's show all appears to be satisfiedly fed, so were the people at the party.

Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment