Saturday, September 3, 2011

Engagement, Excitement and a brownie so Extraordinary



So again, another hiatus. Not only would I not want to give you the excuse of me being really busy with school and exam and of course, Yours truly 21st birthday party, but also I would not continue to talk crap and just update you with the little things I've been cooking up.



First and for most, in every baker's diary, there will be one particular incident that really becomes the front page of their lives. I wouldn't say the cake that I'm about to talk bout to be one of those incident, but heck I sure will have it as the background of the content page.





No hell idea what it really means but I suppose it must be something like Happy Engagement. If you watch Cake Boss on Youtube, you might not believe that a life of a baker could actually get as far to meeting the state mayor or going to a Sesame street set. However when I got to Sara's engagement day, I truly believe that delivering cakes DO open up your eyes.






Other than feeling all mighty proud of my cake being the centerpiece, there are many other cakes and sweets from other bakers too. I wish the couple my deepest best of wishes and may their love life be as sweet as this whole bed is. Just make sure there's Bagon spray near the bedsides though.



Next, would be these little morsels of sweet and tangy chocolaty squares coming from the delightful Nigella Lawson. Her first book, How to be a domestic kitchen Goddess is truly a book written by the Goddess herself. For those of you who think you can't bake, please just go get that book and get ready to be proven wrong. It's not the sophisticated stuff that makes you a great baker, is those simple little life pleasures that you mix in little surprises that makes you a true baker. Or you know, at least a clever kitchen minx.

Next up, my 21st birthday post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment