Saturday, September 3, 2011

21st Birthday





Turning 21 isn't really a big deal really. Everyone goes through the same thing, everyone has got their own way of celebrating. Perhaps it is so common that people usually just have the thinking that this is something that you just gotta do it and be done with, and of course those who think whats the point of celebrating then.

For me it wasn't exactly the idea of celebrating my birthday, but more of celebrating the fact that I was surrounded by the people who have been loving me for the past 21 years unconditionally and thanking them. I celebrate not just my passing of 21 years, but also how lucky I am for all the love I've gotten.



It was just a very simple birthday get together under my house where I grew up, with all my relatives and good friends. Bits and pieces of here and there, good food and good wine and of course, the after party with friends at a hotel. All in all, I truly appreciate the fact that life has been great so far.



The initial cake in mind was a simple strawberry shortcake. But due to the fear of not having enough food to go around, the simple Victoria sponge with strawberries and cream idea blossom into a 2 tier Butter sponge with almond and dark chocolate filling, frosted in Swiss meringue butter cream and finished with fresh cherries and strawberries. A little extravagant really, but hey it's my birthday. Also, I really love how the vines stick out in their own ways.

Anyway, it has been a great birthday and I just gotta learn to embrace the adult life. Insurance, tax, bonus, career whatever. They'll come when they come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment